Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Operation Baking GALS--Round Three


OK, just finished my second round of baking with Operation Baking GALS. This round we sent goodies to a soldier serving with the 10th Mountain Division in Iraq. This is a really fun and easy way to do a little to support the soldiers in Iraq. This time I made Macadamia coconut bars. They also have white chocolate chips and dried cranberries in them. They're delicious--I just got the recipe from a party Dale had for the kids that went to Japan this summer. We then filled the rest of the box up with Halloween popcorn balls. (They're nice and light.) I hope it makes it safely to Iraq. This has been so much fun, I think I'll have to sign up for round four. If anyone else is interested in this, you can click on the Baking GALS logo at the bottom of my blog.

Have a good one!

Erin

1 comment:

The Shep's Herd said...

Looks yummy. I will have to give these a try. Also the Bread is so beautiful. I hope you shelacked it and hung it on the wall. It is georgeous!! One day I hope to be a good cook like you !!

ps.sorry for my misspellings