Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Rosh Hashana


To celebrate Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year, I decided for the very first time to attempt making Challah. I noticed several of the food blogs I visit had recipes posted for this. I've always wanted to make it, but never tried. It wasn't too hard, and the results sure look impressive! The bread tasted good, but not amazing. Of course, put butter and fresh raspberry jam on anything and it's heavenly. The color on this picture isn't the best because I took the picture with my phone. (Dale and Jesse had the camera with them on their hunting trip.) This was also the first time I'd ever done a four-strand braid. A little tricky, but fun. Some people make a six-strand braid for their Challah--maybe next year.

Have a good one!

Erin

1 comment:

CB said...

Wow! That is beautiful Erin. It looks like it came out of a magazine or something:)