Saturday, October 25, 2008

MUTANT cake

OK, so it's Dylan's birthday and he wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cake (because I already had the pan). I bought all the ingredients and carefully prepared the cake pan to be SURE that the cake would come out flawlessly. Uh--no, that's not what happened. Not only did half the cake stick in the pan....
but the cake also broke in half. Dale said if it was him making the cake, he would have pitched it out the window. Luckily, I started first thing in the morning so I still had a little patience left. I figured I might as well see how much I could cover up with frosting.....so....

....this is how it turned out. Pretty good for being all broken and crumbly. We figured a four-year-old would like it anyway. Dylan doesn't like the "4" at the bottom of the cake. He says they don't have numbers on the real Ninja Turtles. We'll cut that piece out first, OK?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DYLAN!!!!


2 comments:

The Shep's Herd said...

You saved the cake and my how cute !!! What a great job you did on it too. Happy Birthday Dillon.
Oh and your brunch tablewas geaorgous. Sounded Yummy too. You are the best at all you do!! Keep it up !!

CB said...

Erin you are one talented woman!! The cake and the brunch both look beautiful:)