Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! I thought it would be fun to have a big old fiesta, but it ended up being a crazy day. We did manage to pull of a couple fun things for dinner...like strawberry margaritas (virgin, of course)

Crab ceviche with tortilla chips.
Fish tacos with a yummy lime cilantro sauce


And for dessert, mexican brownies with vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche drizzled over the top.
It was so crazy, we had to have all the parts of the meal at different times for different people, but it was still fun. I was also going to serve jicama with lime and red pepper but couldn't quite get it all done. Maybe next time....

2 comments:

ChrisG said...

What's on that jicama? All that food looks yummy. I bought tacos from the food court on campus in honor of Cinco de Mayo (really it was because I went over there so late that tacos were about the only thing available).

Raquel said...

I was there that day, if I would have known what you had cookin, you would have never gotten me to leave!