Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter 2009

Here's the gang Easter morning. We had a very nice Easter--just our family this time. Both of the boys had new shirts, and Calista had a new dress that she and I made together. It was a lot of fun (except the sewing machine was having issues--grrr!)

Church was wonderful on Sunday. I love being at Church for Easter and having the chance to feel the true meaning of the holiday deep down.

The Easter bunny was very generous with his allotment of candy for everyone. New fun candy item this year: Nerds jelly beans. (jelly beans coated in Nerd candies)

We had a delicious dinner (if I do say so myself) which took two days to prepare and about 20 minutes to eat. Sigh.... We had turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls, brussels sprouts, jello salad and a decadent lemon-coconut dessert with cream cheese frosting. I'll post a link for it below.

One funny thing on Easter....as I was getting dinner ready, I sat the rolls, which were rising in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan, on the stove. I accidentally set them on a burner which I had left on. They were probably sitting there for about 5 minute when, all of a sudden, it sounded like someone had dropped something. I turned around to see that the stoneware pan had kind of just exploded into four or five pieces. It didn't shatter--it just exploded apart. Weird and a little scary! The funny thing was that the rolls basically stayed in their same location and just dropped right onto the burner. (So a couple of our rolls had burnt bottoms.) I would never have expected the pan to burst like that. I guess that's the lesson for the day!

2 comments:

ChrisG said...

Ooh, sorry to hear about your stoneware pan. That's a serious bummer. I hosted a brunch at my place for a bunch of friends. We had eggs benedict, poached salmon, cheesy potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs, mini quiches, and my contribution of a goat cheese souffle, some cheesy puff pastry things, and a coffee cake. Yum!

Oh, and great photo of the kids! I think they've all grown a foot since I last saw them.

Katie Collett said...

ok, jessie is getting so old! and thats a bummer about your stoneware pan but i thought the part about the rolls having burnt bottoms was way funny! gotta love accedents like that!

your amazing i miss you!

love
katie bakow