Monday, March 3, 2008

What? Me Blog?

The other day I was having brunch with some friends when one of them said her sister was trying to talk her into creating her own blog. The responses were along the lines of..."What's a blog," "Why would you want to do that?" "What would you write or post?" As I listened, I thought down (very deep), "I would do a blog." Of course, those weren't the words out of my mouth.

I've thought about creating my own blog as I've become more and more enchanted with what other people have done--fascinating, insightful, thought-provoking and fun blogs that are so exciting to read. You get an insight into a person (who you probably don't know) and what they are thinking that you would never have the chance to in real life. Plus, the comments that other people leave are as varied as people can be. I love blogs dealing with current issues and beliefs. I love blogs dealing with religion and all the associated feelings and thoughts and discussions that go along with that. And, of course, I LOVE blogs about food.

And that's what was the final impetus for this blog.

I have many interests, but have never felt I had enough knowledge or credibility to discuss much until I started reading food blogs. Now, there's an area where I do feel at least I have some experience and some passion. As I perused various food blogs, I thought, "I could do this. I'd love to share thoughts on the food I love (plus various other things)"

So...here goes....

My idea is to post about what I enjoy, what I feel, and what I love (which could be food, religion, family, music, travel), but to always have a smattering of food-related topics to entice the reader and, possibly, to share good ideas about good food.

I hope it goes well and I look forward to the adventure.

And, for the meantime, watch for "BLOG CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION" signs to pervade the sight.

Bon Apettit!!

Ernie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I'm excited that you started blogging. I look forward to checking up on you. Also, for the recipes! You are awesome.