Saturday, July 11, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls

My friend Shelli makes the BEST cinnamon rolls ever. Everyone always wants her to make them. A year or so ago, Shelli taught a class at Church about making cinnamon rolls. I got the recipe but never got around to making them. For one thing, I've never felt very confident about making cinnamon rolls--I haven't had much success in the past. The other thing is that most "good" cinnamon roll recipes use a lot of flour and so you really need a mixer (I mean, like a Kitchen Aid or Bosch) to mix and knead the dough.

Well, Shelli helped me out with that, too. While her son is on a mission, she let me borrow the Kitchen Aid that she lets him use while at school. It's so nice to have a big mixer like that. It's let me do recipes that I normally would avoid.

Anyway...

So I used her recipe for the first time today. And, after only one phone to Shelli for help, I turned out these beauties....my best cinnamon rolls ever!!! Mmmmm--sugary, cinnamony goodness!!!

Thanks, Shelli!!

Before frosting.....
After frosting.....
I bet you all want to come over to my house, huh? (Better hurry--they won't last long)

3 comments:

The Shep's Herd said...

YUMMY!!! I could smell them from here.

5dollarFanatic said...

Those look so scrumptious-I am lucky to be in YW with Shelli-she gave me her recipe too-and i have made them several times since. Love them and her for sharing it with us!!

jamie b. said...

Yummy! I have been craving cinnamon rolls lately. Will you share the recipe? I too am a little intimidated by making them and I don't have a good recipe:)