Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!


Traditionally, Memorial Day was a day to honor those who had lost their life in service to our country. But it seems like today it has evolved to become a day to honor any who have served our country in the armed forces. That's what I would like to do today. Thank you to all who have had the courage to serve our country, both in peaceful times and during war. But an especially big thank you to the members of my family who have served. Thank you for being willing to stand up for what you believe in, to defend your country and its citizens, and to put your life on the line. We are forever in your debt.
Thank you:
My brother, Murray
My father, John
My uncle, Ken
My great uncle, Ned
My great uncle, Laurel
My great uncle, Seldon

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Erin! WE are hoping to maybe stay at your house just for one night on Wed. June 3. Late notice I know! I emailed your mom ages ago and she hasn't gotten back to me! How do I get a hold of you... please email me - melissagriffy@gmail.com

Thanks so much, Melissa

The Shep's Herd said...

I love this post. Thank you so much for it.