Thursday, November 20, 2008

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Oooh, I hope everyone's Thanksgiving goes a little smoother than that!

I have come to love Thanksgiving. When I grew up it didn't seem like Thanksgiving was that big of a deal, but Dale's family LOVES it. They love the tradition of it; they love being with family; and they love the food, especially turkey. Dale's mom makes some of the best turkey I've ever had. She not only made me really appreciate turkey, but inspired me to do it myself, too. It is so fun to be with Dale's family at Thanksgiving. It's amazing how we all get along so well. Being from a small family, I love to have nieces and nephews and cousins, etc. all around. I think my kids really enjoy it, too.

One thing Dale's family does not enjoy is the shopping afterward. That I have to do by myself (although I've talked Jesse into going the last couple years.) The funny thing, though, is that I'll go out, hit all the sales, and make it back home before any of them even wake up. A lot of times they don't even know I've gone and come back. Guess what they don't know won't hurt them. And then isn't Thanksgiving vacation the perfect time for a couple naps?!?!?!

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and know how truly thankful I am for such wonderful friends and family like you!!!

No comments: